CIEH Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Principles and Practice
This qualification provides a thorough understanding of the main categories of accidents and ill health, their socio-economic costs and the benefits of good health and safety management.
Who needs this qualification?
Designed for anyone with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments, such as:
- team leaders, supervisors, site managers and managers
- quality controllers
- health and safety specialists
- personnel contributing to the risk assessment process
Why is this training important?
A properly implemented programme of risk assessments can assist in the prevention of injuries, fatalities, property damage incidents and other losses. This not only helps to prevent human loss and suffering, but also assists the effective management and finance of any business or organisation.
Following the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, employers with five or more employees also need to record the significant findings of the risk assessment.
- Conduct risk assessments (with the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities/ environments/issues)
- Organise and implement a risk assessment programme
- Participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed
- Assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their organisation
|Duration||20 guided learning hours (minimum contact time of seven hours)|
|Prerequisite||Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment|