NEBOSH HEALTH AND SAFETY AT WORK AWARD
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award provides a best practice introduction to workplace health, safety and risk that is relevant to all industry sectors worldwide.
The course content is delivered in an understandable and accessible way and aims to help you to gain an awareness of common workplace hazards so you can help to implement or maintain your organisation’s health and safety management system.
The course also aims to help learners gain practical skills that can help keep themselves and others safe.
Who Should Attend?
The NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work Award course is developed for anyone and everyone in a working role who wants to understand the basic principles of health and safety as part of their job.
The course duration is 18 hours and can be delivered over 3 / 4 / 5 Days
Is the qualification recognized ?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award has been accredited and credit rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) Accreditation. It sits in the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) at SCQF Level 5 (equivalent to RQF Level 2) with 2 credit points.
After completing the course, you will be asked to complete a workplace health and safety review which:
- Considers how health and safety is managed, and how it could be done better
- Identifies health and safety issues, how they are controlled and if the risk can be reduced
- Select the most important issue for improvement
This assessment is designed to test your ability to put into practice what you have learnt and, as it is carried out in the workplace, can add instant value to your organisation.
Once you have achieved a pass, a qualification parchment will be issued within 20 working days of the confirmation of the successful unit from NEBOSH.
The NEBOSH Health & Safety at Work Award course consists of 4 elements:
Element 1: Why and how you manage health and safety
- Understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place
Element 2: Dealing with common workplace hazards
- Inspect the workplace, recognising a range of common hazards
Element 3: Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen
- Evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures and assigning actions
Element 4: Learning from incidents
- Understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language so they can understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Read more about language requirements for NEBOSH qualifications.
Courses for further study and progression:
- NEBOSH Working with Wellbeing
- NEBOSH Environmental Awareness at Work Qualification
- NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
- NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NASP / IASP Advance Diploma in OSH
Alternatively, you may wish to progress on to a Certificate-level qualification, such as
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
Please Contact Us For a Quotation.