OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
The Level 6 qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety offered by OTHM are developed to provide learners who have or are looking to develop into a senior role in an organisation for managing health and safety policy and practice.
Learners will develop knowledge and skills relevant to putting policy into practice, utilising management systems, resources, risk and incident management, leadership, management and skills development.
Individuals successfully completing the diploma qualification will be eligible to apply for the Graduate level of membership of IOSH.
This Course is Suitable For?
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is a qualification for those who have or are looking to develop into a senior role in an organisation for managing health and safety policy and practice.
The qualification is designed to be delivered over 4 months with 600 hours Total Qualification Time.
Is the Qualification Recognized ?
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honors, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The OTHM L6 Diploma in OHS is also recognized by IOSH and successful individuals can apply for Graduate membership of IOSH.
How is the qualification assessed?
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria.
The OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety consists of 7 mandatory units:
1) Health and Safety Management Principles and Policy (8 credits)
2) Health and Safety Management Practice (10 credits)
3) Risk and Incident Management (8 credits)
4) Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture (6 credits)
5) Maintaining a Safe Workplace Environment (12 credits)
6) Health and Safety Law, Regulation and Influence (8 credits)
7) Development of the Health and Safety Practitioner (8 credits)
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification, learners must possess:
Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF certificate or diploma or equivalent recognised qualification that covers the following basic concepts within Occupational Health & Safety.
Mature learners (over 21) with practical experience at least 2 years
Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. OTHM recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 7.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
After completing this qualification, you may be interested in taking other courses, such as:
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety
- European Safety Council’s International Diploma in Health and Safety Engineering
- CQI-IRCA approved ISO 45001:2018 OSHMS Lead Auditor
- CQI-IRCA approved ISO 14001:2015 EMS Lead Auditor
- CQI-IRCA approved ISO 9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor
Please Contact Us For a Quotation.