ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (ADHSE)
The Advance Diploma in Health, Safety and Environment provides an introductory and intensive foundation level course that builds a strong base for individual learners who want to start a career in the field of occupational health and safety.
The course is a blend of theory and practical, giving in-depth knowledge and practical orientation to understanding the standards and getting them implemented in the workplace.
The course covers, industrial safety, construction safety, fire safety and general safety based on strong risk assessment principles.
The course content aims to help the learners:
- gain a basic understanding of the management of health and safety.
- gain awareness of common workplace safety and health hazards so you can help to implement or maintain your organisation’s health and safety management system
- gain practical skills that can help keep yourself and others safe
- apply the principles of risk assessment
- help to improve a positive health and safety culture in your workplace.
Who is it for?
Anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job will benefit from taking this qualification. The course provides a valuable overview, which can act as a sound basis for further study.
This course can be your first step towards a rewarding career in the field of health and safety.
This qualification has a minimum of 200 taught hours, and is completed over a period of 1 year.
Benefits to learners:
- The course is a perfect foundation to Health and Safety knowledge for beginners
- The course provides the ability to inspect the workplace, recognize a range of common safety and health hazards, evaluate risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures and assigning actions.
Benefits to employers:
The Advance Diploma in Health, Safety and Environment course makes your staff competent. This can help you to:
- Reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time and absence
- Foster greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Improve employee engagement and enhance safety culture
- Secure higher levels of compliance with organisational safety measures
Once you have achieved a pass, a qualification certificate and marks sheet will be issued within 10 working days.
The course consists of 3 units:
Unit 1: Management of Health & Safety
- Understand why health and safety needs to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place
Unit 2: Safeguarding People’s Safety in the Workplace
- Inspect the workplace, recognising a range of common safety hazards, evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures and assigning actions.
Unit 3: Safeguarding People’s Health in the Workplace
Inspect the workplace, recognising a range of common health hazards, evaluating risks (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures and assigning actions.
Assessment for the Advance Diploma in Health, Safety and Environment is a multi-step process enabling students to become aware of the various methods of assessment:
- An open book examination to assess what you know. This is scenario based and will include a Viva (closing interview), you will be asked questions about your submission.
- MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) to assess learners’ knowledge.
- Practical risk assessments to assess what you can do. Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Management of Health & Safety
Scenario based OBE and Viva (closing interview)
Safeguarding People’s Safety in the Workplace
MCQs and Practical risk assessment
Safeguarding People’s Health in the Workplace
MCQs and Practical risk assessment
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language so they can understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
Courses for further study and progression:
If this is your first HSE qualification, then you may be interested in taking other international qualifications, such as
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award
- NEBOSH Working with Wellbeing
- NEBOSH Environmental Awareness at Work Qualification
- NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
- NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work
- NASP / IASP Advance Diploma in OSH
Alternatively, you may wish to progress on to a Certificate-level qualification, such as
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
Please Contact Us For a Quotation.