Level 2 Award in Principles of Risk Assessment
This new qualification is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone in a work environment as it raises learners’ awareness of the concept of risk assessment.
Why is this training important?
This CIEH Level 2 Award Principles in Risk Assessment was created in response to industry requirements for all employees to be risk aware. Although not all employees will be expected to undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and will be expected to act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
|Duration||4.5 hour programme|
|Assessment||Multiple choice exam|
|Prerequisite||Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace|
|Suggested Progression||Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Principles and Practice|
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Understand the principles of risk assessment including:
- hazards, risks and control measures
- the five steps of risk assessment
- the hierarchy of control
- risk assessment review and record keeping.
The course can be held on the client’s premises and delivered specifically for their employees. In addition to this, the course is held at various locations in the UK, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, India and the Philippines.
Please contact us for a quotation