OHSAS 18001:2007 OHSMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Course
This training course has been developed in line with IRCA requirements IRCA/2020.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as an occupational health and safety management system auditor or as an OHSMS professional.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2 hour written examination will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion. Based on IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as an IRCA registered OHSMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
- Line/Support function personnel who are involved in OHMS implementation
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an OHSMS
- All OHSMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
Duration – 5 Days (40 hours including a 2 hour examination)
- Describe the purpose of an OHSMS with reference to the PDCA cycle, including the principles, processes and techniques used for OHS, the assessment of risk and the significance in OHSMS.
- Explain the scope of OHSMS standards and, where applicable, other criteria against which an OHS audit could be performed, including OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with OHSAS 18001 and by interpreting the requirements of ISO 19011.
Students are required to have some background in occupational health and safety mgmt and knowledge of OHSAS 18001. Students without such background will not be enrolled.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed to help students to be familiar with the style of the examination.
- General introduction, certification and accreditation
- Introduction to occupational health and safety hazards and risks
- The legislative framework
- Introduction to OHSAS 18001 series and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Audit planning
- Document review
- Process auditing
- Audit skills
- Writing NC reports
- Audit reporting
- Audit follow up
The course can be held on the client’s premises and delivered specifically for their employees. In addition to this, the course is held at various locations in the UK, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, India and the Philippines.
Please contact us for a quotation