ISO 14001:2015 EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Course
This training course has been developed in line with IRCA requirements IRCA/2016.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as an environmental management system auditor or as an EMS professional.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2 hour written examination will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion. Based on IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as an IRCA registered EMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
- Line/Support function personnel who are involved in EMS implementation
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an EMS
- All EMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
Duration – 5 Days (40 hours including a 2 hour examination)
- Describe the purpose of an EMS and explain the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of risk, including the significance of these for EMS auditors.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 14001, the ISO 14000 series guidance standards, and the legislative framework relevant to an EMS
- Undertake the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and by interpreting the requirements of ISO 14001.
Students are required to have some background/knowledge in environmental management and knowledge of ISO 14001.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the examination.
- General introduction, certification and accreditation
- Introduction to environmental aspects/impacts and risk
- The legislative framework
- Introduction to ISO 14000 series and ISO 14001 EMS
- Audit planning
- Document review
- Process auditing
- Audit skills
- Writing NC reports
- Audit reporting
- Audit follow up
The course can be held on the client’s premises and delivered specifically for their employees. In addition to this, the course is held at various locations in the UK, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, India and the Philippines.
Please contact us for a quotation[/framedbox] [/two_third]